Summer Wellness Hacks to Stay on Goal!
The Summer is the time to enjoy friends, family and food. And, contrary to popular belief, you can have all three without putting on the extra pounds! Here are my top 5 Healthy Hacks for having a great Summer without crushing your health and wellness goals.
1. BE MINDFUL - Mindful eating can help us acknowledge our response to food without getting into judgment. Practice engaging all of your senses to fully enjoy your favorite food and drink without overindulging.
2. DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST - You may think you're saving calories by skipping the first meal of the day, but remember: breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day, and will help you metabolize alcohol should you choose to partake in some libations.
3. DRINK WATER - Water helps to flush waste and toxins from the body and aids in digestion which will help you feel better and have more energy.
4. EXERCISE - Keep your metabolism revving efficiently with healthy doses of exercise to burn calories and enjoy your favorite treats guilt free.
5. CUT YOURSELF SOME SLACK - One meal will not make or break your success. Continue your normal wellness regimen of nutrient dense eating and exercise and remember - moderation is the key to success!